Directed by: Lisa Langseth
Written by: Lisa Langseth
Other cast: David Dencik, Anna Bjelkerud, Mira Eklund, Henrik Norlén
Release date: 4 October 2013 (Sweden)
Running time: 1h 37min
Erika has it all: a good job, lots of friends and a secure relationship. Until the day it all falls apart. Suddenly this perfect life means nothing, and the feelings she once was able to control are no longer within reach. She starts going to group therapy and meets other people suffering from various forms of trauma. One day Erika and this eclectic group of four people decide to take matters into their own hands and heads off together in search of a way out. They start checking into hotels - a place of complete anonymity where one can wake up as a different person.
Trivia & Goofs
- The second film to star both Alicia Vikander and David Dencik the other one is A Royal Affair (2012).
- Second collaboration between the director Lisa Langseth and Alicia Vikander. “Till det som är vackert” (English: “Pure”) being the first.
- Director Lisa Langseth does a cameo at the wedding, chatting with a guest in the hotel staircase.
- Alicia won best actress for her role in the film, at the Marrakech International Film Festival in 2013.
- Lisa Langseth was nominated for the “Politiken’s Audience Award” at the CPH PIX in 2014 for the film. She was also nominated for the Main Award of Mannheim-Heidelberg in the category “International Competitions”, at the Mannheim-Heidelberg International Filmfestival.
- The film was nominated twice in the category best supporting actress (Anna Bjelkerud and Mira Eklund), Best supporting actor (David Dencik) and Best screenplay (Lisa Langseth) at the Guldbagge Awards in 2014. Anna Bjelkerud also won the award in her category.